Shoulder/Leg Routine

Since I have gotten several requests to share some of my workouts, here is what I did at the gym this morning! Today was legs and shoulders and of course I had to throw in some ab work just for fun. Let me know if you try this routine, I'd love to hear from ya! :)

I've broken it up into 'sections', exactly how I did it today. I rest in between sets until my heart rate comes down (I use a Polar watch to monitor HR and calorie burn):

warm-up:
  • 200 crunches//the length of a song (I like to activate my abs before most of my workouts)
  • Smith Machine squats 12 reps x 4 sets (light weight)
4 sets of:
  • shoulder front raises with EZ bar 10 reps 
  • overhead shoulder press with EZ bar 12 reps
  • Smith Machine squats 12 reps (medium weight)
3 sets of:
  • Smith Machine squats 8-10 reps (heavy weight)
  • shoulder raises with plate to front&side 25 reps
3 sets of:
  • plie squats 20 reps
  • shoulder front row with plate 15 reps
  • oblique side bends with plate 15 reps
3 sets of:
  • dumbbell overhead press 12 reps
  • leg extension machine 12 reps
  • 1 minute plank
cool down:
  • walking lunges on treadmill at 1mph (until failure; I typically do 100)
  • stretching!

I used to hate planks but they are growing on me lately ;P

Today I did not do cardio; my focus is not weight loss as I am at my 'goal weight' but I do throw in some time on the dreadmill/elliptical a few times a week. More info on that to come :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Maintenance Therapies

Prednisone, Surgeries, Vegas, Oh My!